Amedeo Modigliani (1884-1920) was an Italian artist who is best known for his portraits and nudes.
Amedeo Modigliani Summary:
- He was good friends with fellow artists Pablo Picasso and Constantin Brâncuși.
- Besides his paintings, he was also a talented sculptor.
- He was a fan of poetry and was influenced by the writings of Nietzsche and Baudelaire.
- He tried to enlist in the army for World War I but was rejected due to his poor health.
- His 1917 showcase of nudes was controversial as it presented women with fixed gazes at the viewer.
Amedeo Modigliani Famous Paintings:
- Portrait of Maude Abrantes (1907)
- Bride and Groom (1915)
- Nu Couché au coussin Bleu (1916)
- Jean Cocteau (1916)
- Madame Kisling (1917)
- Portrait of Juan Gris (1915)
- Portrait of Pablo Picasso (1915)