Philipp Otto Runge (1777-1810) was a German painter of the Romanticism movement.
Philipp Otto Runge Summary:
- He had no formal art training but took several private drawing lessons.
- He was a student at Royal Danish Painting, Sculpture, and Architecture Academy from 1799-to 1801.
- He continued his studies at the Academy of Art in Dresden afterward.
- He was good friends with Romantic writers at the time and was influenced by their works and philosophy.
- Many of his portraits were of his family and friends.
Philipp Otto Runge Famous Paintings:
- The Morning (1808)
- The Hulsenbeck Children (1806)
- Pauline Runge with her two-year-old-son (1807)
- We Three (1805)
- The Artist’s Parents (1806)
- Peter Walks on Water (1806)