Eduard Magnus (1799-1872) was a German portraitist from the Romantic period.
Eduard Magnus Summary:
- He was the son of the founder of the Prussian Magnus-Bank, Johann Matthias Magnus.
- He studied medicine, architecture, and philosophy simultaneously at the Prussian Academy of Arts, Bauakademie, and the University of Berlin.
- Magnus traveled across Europe, visiting cities in France, Italy, Spain, and England.
- He was a member of the Academy of Art and later became a professor in 1844.
- His younger brother, Heinrich Gustav Magnus, was a physicist and chemist.
Eduard Magnus Famous Paintings:
- Return of the Smuggler (undated)
- Portrait of Aglaya A. Senden (undated)
- Portrait of the singer Jenny Lind (undated)
- The Benediction of the Grandson (undated)
- Portrait of Ernerstine of Wildbreak (1848)
- Picture of Casper’s Children (1840)