Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828-1882) was an English artist and poet.
Dante Gabriel Rossetti Summary:
- He is a member of the noble Rossetti family.
- Besides painting and illustration, Rosetti was a gifted poet and was directly influenced by romantic and gothic literature.
- He selected his middle name, Dante, to highlight his connection to the medieval Italian poet and writer.
- He formed the English Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood with his brother William.
- Rosetti was also a translator and published translations of significant works by Italian poets.
Dante Gabriel Rossetti Famous Paintings:
- Proserpine (1874)
- Bocca Baciata (1859)
- Lady Lilith (1868)
- The Day Dream (1880)
- The Roman Widow (1874)
- Beata Beatrix (1870)