Berthe Morisot (1841-1895) was a French artist and member of the Impressionists.
Berthe Morisot Summary:
- She was the granddaughter of Rococo master Jean-Honore Fragonard.
- Her family supported her passion to pursue art as a career at a very young age.
- She married Eugene, brother of fellow Impressionist Edouard Manet in 1874.
- She joined the Impressionists and exhibited her paintings at the Salon de Paris in 1864.
- Her works were ridiculed by critics and she never found success in her lifetime but garnered the admiration of her family and peers.